Sexual Minorities Uganda
Sexual Minorities Uganda is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation advocating for the fundamental human rights of LGBTIQ Ugandans.
To monitor, coordinate, and support member organizations to achieve their objectives aimed at the Liberation of LGBTIQ people. Advocacy and Policy change, Research and Documentation, Capacity Development as well as Safety and Protection of the LGBTIQ Community is on SMUGs Key Program.
- To advocate and lobby through coordination of efforts by local and international bodies for the equality of all Ugandans irrespective of gender, age, sexual orientation, tribe, religion, and social status.
- To build and strengthen visibility through media, literature, dialogues, debates, and drama.
- To advocate and lobby for social and judicial inclusion of people with diversity.
- To fight against HIV/AIDS in the LGBTI, MSM and WSW community.
- To generate data and information, and knowledge on LGBTI human rights abuses and provide remedies.